Post by wish on Jan 1, 2021 11:33:37 GMT -6
FORBIDDEN ROMANCE RULES
The Forbidden Romance
Cats from other clans should not engage in forbidden romances with one another. Or, at least, cats should be careful not to get caught
To make forbidden romances more realistic, and more fun, members are now required, effective January 1, 2021, to request a forbidden romance meeting before their characters can successfully meet.
1. The first meeting between a forbidden romance does not need to be requested. This allows the characters to "vibe" or to "see if there is a spark." Any subsequent meetings must be requested. Couples that have already been established before the rules must now request to meet unless they have already left their clan(s) to be together.
1. To request a forbidden romance thread, one member from the couple must create their own thread under the Forbidden Romance Request board, similar to a litter request, with the with the Forbidden Romance Form. The title of the thread must follow this format: Forbidden Romance Request: Cat Prefix/Name x Cat Prefix/Name. For example, Forbidden Romance Request: Yew x Shadow.
This thread will act as the member's forbidden romance tracker, so staff can see how many times they've had successful or failed meetings. It also shows how many times they've been "caught."
You do not need to make a new thread for each request. Instead, post another form in the original thread and tag a staff member in the thread or on the discord for an official roll.
2. Next, a staff member will then roll to see if the meeting will succeed or fail.
- Roll a 1-10 and the meeting fails
- Roll a 11-20 and the meeting succeeds3. Once the meeting succeeds or fails, staff will then roll to determine the individual character's consequences based on either if they succeed or fail. Consequences include:
- Deciding not to meet at all because it's too risky
- Getting caught by leadership
- Getting caught by a clan-mate(s)
- Successfully meeting but getting caught on the way back
- Successfully meeting w/out consequencesEach clan, tribe, or outsider will have its own modifiers, which will affect the individual roll.4. Depending on the consequences, a couple could earn additional +/- modifiers that could affect their subsequent meeting rolls.5. If a couple is collectively caught 3 times, they will face an IC punishment. *This could result in banishment depending on the clan/tribe.6. Once they are caught 3 times, characters will also need to decide if they want to stay with their romantic partner and leave their clan, or if they want to separate and remain loyal to their clan.7. If a couple fails their meeting, they must wait one full OOC week before they can request another meeting. Staff will include the date they can roll again in the future.8. Members will have the opportunity to win a "consequence free" forbidden romance meeting in future contests or events.
The Meeting Roll: Success/Failure
The first roll will determine if a couple can meet or not.
Range Result 1—10 Fail 11—20 Succeed
Critical failures or successes do not count here. Modifiers earned from the consequence roll will be applied here.
The Individual Rolls: Consequences
Based on if the couple fails or succeeds, they will face either +/- consequences for their action. Modifiers will be applied to their individual rolls based on the clan or tribe they're in.Failed Meeting Dice Ranges
Range Result Modifier Confirmed Crit 1 Caught by leadership (leader/deputy) -3 1—5 Caught by clan-mate who snitches -2 6—10 Caught by clan-mate (does not tell) -1 11—20 Decide not to meet up (too risky) 0
Members are not required to play out these threads. Unless they want to. Members can also take creative liberties with these consequences as long as they receive the same end result. If your character is caught by a clan-mate who does not snitch, it does not count toward your official 3 time count.Successful Meeting Dice Ranges
Range Result Modifier Confirmed 1 Caught by a clan-mate (way back) -1 1—10 Seen by a clan-mate (not suspicious) 0 11—20 Sneak out completely unseen +1 Confirmed 20 Execute the perfect sneak out +3
Members can also take creative liberties with these consequences as long as they receive the same end result. *The confirmed critical failure means one of the characters will get caught on the way back. This will count as one of their 3 times.Individual Clan/Tribe/Outsider Modifiers
Each clan/tribe/outsider will have its own modifier based on the group's current culture and dynamic. These modifiers will be applied to the individual rolls.
Group Modifiers Redwoodclan -1 Thistleclan -2 Lichenclan -3 Tribe 0 Outsider -1
*As the clans change with the plot, these modifiers will be adjusted as well.
The Forbidden Romance Form
One member must create their own thread in the Forbidden Romance Request board and submit the form below to request a forbidden romance meeting. Staff will then reply to the request with the official rolls.
[b]Member names:[/b] member names here
[b]Character names:[/b] character names here w/ accepted bios linked
[b]First thread:[/b] link to the first thread that "establishes" their relationship
[b]Times caught:[/b] record times caught by a clan-mate or leadership